Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Dog-gone Good Story





Part of unplugging from California is finding a home for our dogs. It might seem a small thing to you, but to us, it’s a big deal….

On December 22nd, once again, we were praying for a right–fit placement for our Chelsea and Buddy King Charles Cavaliers. We checked out a few homes. In fact, the home we first visited left me without peace. Vance and I agreed that if I felt the least bit uneasy, we would not leave the dogs. The next possible placement seemed good, but their answer in the morning was “no.” We determined to keep on keeping on. We decided to practice what we preach: don’t give up!

The next afternoon, Monday, I picked up my son and his girlfriend, and asked him where I could find the closest Pet Smart where I could purchase each of the dogs a new ID tag. While standing in the store’s entryway, a woman comes through the doors and says, “Ooooohhh, you Cavaliers are just beautiful!” She cuddles and plays with them, saying “I have a Cavalier – he has Cushing’s Disease; I also had another Cavalier that died a while ago and just told my girl friend I’ve got to get some more babies!” --“another Cavalier!”

I listened and found a lot of bridging going on between her world and ours. I carefully said “We’re looking for someone to care for our dogs until we return about Feb. 22nd…and maybe a permanent placement as we’re intending to relocate overseas. She stood up, looked me in the eye and said “ME!” I asked her to say more… and of course she did.

She lives ½ mile from us in a beautiful home--with her Cavalier, boarding her daughter’s collie for 4 more days, 3 large cats, and many birds in her aviary. She told wonderful stories of her neighbors and friends, all of whom watch over one another.

We exchanged phone numbers, addresses, and in the evening our family walked up to her home with our dogs. Buddy went wild for a while with all the animals; Chelsea crept into my lap for a touch of safety. But, they settled down a little as we sipped tea together.

Our new friend said “Look. I’ll take care of your dogs for you. I will love them like my children. If, when you come back from Colorado, you want them back, they are yours!

Carol and I met at the Intersection of “Pet Smart and Jehovah-Jirah. “God-of-the-One-Who-Listens-and-Answers-Prayer ~ The Lord Provides is His Name!” Not finding what she was looking for at PetCo, across the highway, she came [by God’s Appointment] at the very moments we were standing in the entryway. It is God’s signature to me of His delight in giving this beautiful care package

This has been an incredibly beautiful, just in time, coming together. I can only say Thank You, Lord. Thank You, God. You truly love me and you show that by truly caring for my little dogs, in this incredibly divine orchestration. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Just 4 days prior to these happenings, on December 24th God led me to receive this Word: Your miracle is already in motion. Something good is about to happen to you. God has already prophesied your destiny and now there is a dynamic force that is pushing you and moving you into a specific prophetic grid: a spiritual zip code.

God’s eyes are moving ~ back and forth across this land ~ seeking those whose hearts are turned toward Him so He can drop His blessings, His will, His delights, and His purposes into our lives … for the sole purpose of “bringing Him Praise and Glory!” If God prepares this beautiful path for Chelsea and Buddy, how much more is something good about to happen to you, Vance and Bethyl; God has already prophesied your destiny and now there is a dynamic force that is pushing you and moving you into a specific prophetic grid: a spiritual zip code. So, we sing: To God be the Glory! … Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the earth hear His voice… Let the people rejoice! Oh, come to the Father through Jesus the Son and give Him the glory GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!













3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this story. We can relate. We too had an experience of selling our home and pulling up stakes from CA. We knew that part of God's answer to our question "when" would be answered when Shadow our St. Bernard found a loving home at age 10. God made a way... Jerry and Val

Unknown said...

awwwww....

Helen Maritim said...

Glory be to God in the highest! What a delight to know Chelsea and Buddy found such a delightful person who is willing and ready to care for those two precious dogs. Goodness and Mercy are following you and those you care about, including Buddy and Chelsea. I hope God continues to lead you as he promises, in his path of still waters. As you learn and grow in his word, may peace find you in your most quiet momments. Always thinking of you with all my heart and soul.

Helen