Sunday, September 21, 2008

Two Families Meet & Create A Divine Moment for their "daughter"


Today is the day! Going by Easy Coach, Vance and Dima traveled from Nairobi to visit Helen Maritim’s family who live in the Rift Valley. You can read a “comment” by Helen in this blog just a couple entries back. Helen is a student at Hope International University, master’s program. She’s the youngest in a family of 12!

We met on a Saturday morning in 2007 at Starbucks ~ Helen, sipping tea, had just arrived from Kenya. Vance and I, enjoying coffee and breakfast, had just returned from Thailand… we struck up a “Shepperson conversation” and …boom ~ one of those “divine appointments” happened. We’ve adopted one another and she’s simply ecstatic that “Dad and Dima” are at her home.

When I called her tonight with the news from “Dad” she said, “Thank you, Mom, so much for calling and telling me. I didn’t know what happened. Nobody called me. I am soooo happy. It is so good.”

Here’s Vance’s text: 12:30 PM …most welcomed in all my life. 30 people in midst of road singing & dancing us all the way 2 the house. Dima said they felt at home with us in such short time. Fun! Much 2 tell. Baringo 2morrow. 250 miles 2 travel. Dima misses u, as do I…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss dancing king :D

Helen Maritim said...

I am still overwhelmed with joy and my mom spoke enthusiastically of Vance and Dima. She told me she wished they stayed much longer. I am so extremely happy that my 'two families' finally meet as 'one family'. There is so much joy at home after the visit. The guests who came to welcome Vance and Dima are going to stay on for three more days. The visit was like drops of summer rain. I am thankful, so blessed and so happy.

Helen.