Thursday, June 26, 2008

notes from bethyl--back in So Cal


It’s A GOOD MORNING here in Fullerton, California…though overcast in the skies above.


I watched some new life scamper along the inside of our backyard fence early today—little rabbits. Now, for whatever feasting there is from our garden that has brought them here, their zippy, intentional scampering lifted joy out of me.


I delighted in sipping my wonderful cup of coffee, writing, and enjoying the moments of just sitting and sitting, and then … sitting some more. My quieter self is relishing in times to just think and reflect…over the living I have done, alongside my husband, over the past five weeks. The piano, nearby, called to me… and I responded to the invitation to make music… how Good our Savior is!


As I sang, my heart welled with tears and joy… He lives. He lives. Yeshua lives today. He walks with me and talks with me…along my path today. He lives, He lives, salvation to impart! You ask? How do you know He lives? Well…He lives within my heart! And, I serve a risen Savior who’s in the world today; I KNOW that HE is living, whatever men may say. I SEE His hand of mercy. I hear His voice of love. And just the time, even now, He IS right here.


I glanced at the old picture that resides on the piano these days – Jonathan and I sitting side by side – as children, perhaps four and five years old. Tears came as I release Johnny and remember ~ he lives today with my saving Yeshua… The old hymn helps me form unexpressed words “…and tho’ my heart grows weary, I never will despair. I know that He is leading thro’ all the stormy blast; the day of His appearing will come at last.” … “Rejoice…Bethyl…lift up your voice and sing Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ, the King! The Hope of all who seek Him, the Help of all who find, None other is so loving, so GOOD AND KIND!


So, though separated by miles and oceans and a continent…Vance and I are together in our spirits and hearts – in rejoicing – WHAT the Lord has and IS yet doing.

No comments: