Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Streaming Glories


Another glorious day. Fulfilled promises was a theme as I walked near Troutbeck, a little village outside Windermere. I’ve been working on scripture memory, as I’ve written in the past. One of the chapters I’d tucked away was Deuteronomy 8. One of the verses that made me smile always when I was repeating it, was: “I’m about to bring you into a good land, a land of brooks and rivers, springs and lakes, streams flowing out of the hills and into the valleys…” And another chapter, more famous, Psalm 23, “he makes me lie down in green pastures….” That’s because I’m so daggum stubborn that I won’t lie down on my own accord; so He has to make me. God be blessed, even as he blessed me with streaming trails of glory flowing among resting sheep.



1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh, my goodness, what a delight to the eyes! So many memories of breathing in the beauty and freshness of the air of so breath-taking a countryside. Enjoy it enough for you and me both. Did you read Jowett today? Thought of you and this unique adventure you have given yourselves to - how safe you are in His capable and sure hands.
Love you,
Suzanne